Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Projects

I am sort of between projects right now.  I think I've finished most of my hanger covers.  I've given up on the socks for now.  I don't have any baby blankets to be working on.  The only thing I have in the hopper, so to speak, is an afghan for my aunt.  She's asked me to make a replacement afghan.  apparently, one of my great aunts made one for my grandmother.  My aunt has been using this one for years and it is finally wearing out.  I have been selected to make it's replacement.  She's picked a really easy pattern, but not so easy that it's boring.  Also, I say easy, knowing full well I had stitched and ripped out one row four times before I got it right.  

I have been a little preoccupied with the rest of my life.  Recently, I've signed on to do a 3 Day, 60 mile walk for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  My sister-in-law and I are doing it in honor of our mothers.  Both of them have been diagnosed with and treated (successfully) for breast cancer.  I've been trying to schedule extended walking into my schedule.  I am not in shape, by any stretch of the imagination, so I've been just walking 3 miles a day.  Now, I'm up to 4.  Even though it's not a whole lot, I've still got to carve out an hour and a half for walking.  Considering I've only got a couple hours a morning without children, and without waking up at the crack of dawn, my time is precious.  i am NOT a morning person, but I'm afraid I'm going to become one.  The only upside is that I'm slimming down, which is fab.  

The moral of this tale is that my craftiness has taken a slight backseat.  I've got three stockings I've got to make, so that will be the next project.  

In the meantime, I work on my aunt's afghan.  Oh!  and i've got to make flowers for my hanger covers.  Just as soon as I find a decent pattern........

No comments:

Post a Comment