Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Those *&#!@ socks

Socks, socks, socks
I've been trying to work on knitting some socks for my son.  I got this great book for knitting both socks at the same time on two circular needles.  The directions are clear and it's been pretty easy.  Until tonight.  Somehow, I've managed to get tangled, every time around.  So now, the socks look like this:



So, as you can see, the scissors are standing by just in case there is an emergency.  I'm highly tempted to rip the whole thing out and start over on double pointed needles.  I don't have an outrageous amount of time invested..... Maybe tomorrow.

Baby blanket
As I was uploading pictures of those darn socks, I found a picture of my favorite baby blanket.  This was just the beginning, but you might be able to see the pattern emerging.  Maybe next time I'll manage to get a picture of the completed blanket.  They say hope springs eternal.....




So that's the blanket.  It took some time to get that darn picture posted, so I hope it was worth it.  

Crochet Guild
I was too chicken tonight to mention to my crochet group my idea for starting a chapter of the Crochet Guild of America.  I thought of it, but just couldn't bridge the fear.  Maybe next week.  I'm still thinking about it.  How far do I really want to take this group?  What is my goal and purpose?  I guess I'm questioning that.  How much can I take on?  As it is, I've started this group.  I signed up to do the 3 Day walk (and having to raise $2,300 to do so), which may turn into being a team leader.  I've decided to join Easter Star, which is a women's group.  I take my niece to her Rainbow meetings and am on the Advisory Board there.  I sing in the church choir, which meets once a week.  My daughter goes to a private Catholic school where I volunteer once a week and have to fundraise for.  She's also a Daisy Girl Scout.  Oh, and yeah, I am married to  a man whom I hardly ever see and have two kids, one of which has special needs.  Can I really add 'start a chapter of Crochet Guild of America' to my to do list and do a good job?  Then the other side of my brain kicks in and says, "but would it be any different than what you're doing now??"  You can see how I'm torn.  I'll research it and see what is involved.  I'm spreading myself too thin, trying to find what I'm good at and what I'm passionate about.  I need to narrow my focus.  Seeing it all written out is a little frightening.  And I'm sure there's more that I could add to the list.  I keep thinking of more.  Too much.  too much.  I've got to scale back.  somehow.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment