Monday, March 2, 2009

The best little baby blanket ever

I recently went to a baby shower and gave the mom-to-be the best little baby blanket ever.  It's a very easy crochet shell pattern.  It works up to a small to medium blanket, perfect for the car seat.  Also, the crochet pattern conforms nicely to fit in around the baby in the seat.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it before I gave it away.  Typical.  It's probably the fifth or sixth blanket of that same pattern that I've gifted.  In fact, I'm working on another one for another baby shower next month.  I'll try to remember to take a photo of that one.

I'm also working on a cute little sweater . It's almost finished, so I'll try to photo that before I give it back to the afore mentioned mom-to-be.  It's a very adorable combination of blue and green, but not just your plain ol' baby blue and mint green.  I'm talking bright blue and a slightly yellowish kelley green.  Very cute.  I'm hoping to find an appropriate hat pattern to knit up as well.  The sweater has come together easier than I thought it would.  

My next project, that I keep putting off, is knit socks.  I've GOT to knit some socks for my son.  He's got Cerebral Palsy, so store bought socks don't work very well for him.  I want to be able to customize socks for him.

I keep telling myself I will make them after this project, or after that one......so now, I'm saying, after I finish the sweater, socks are next on the list.  Maybe if I keep saying it, it will someday come true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment