Monday, March 23, 2009

Finished blanket, started socks etc.

Crafty things

In usual style, I finished my baby blanket, and didn't take a picture.  I was crocheting on that thing up until the very last minute.  Then it was a mad dash to get it stuffed in a pretty baby gift bag and high tail it over to the baby shower.  Of course, that left no time for pictures. Oh well.  Maybe next time.  I'm sure there is someone else I know that is going to have a baby.

As for my socks, they are going.....slowly.  I just can't seem to get interested.  i'm going to finish them, however, because I have started them.  Maybe they're going slow because I know they're for me.  This first pair, at least, are in the pattern for a grown up woman.  I figured I'd start there, then adapt them for my son, once I knew what the heck I was doing.  We'll see.

I also have some hanger covers that need to get finished.  I've been working on those things for two years now.  I've given myself the deadline of this year.  They must be done by the time the choir starts back up in September.  (They are covers for padded hangers.  They will eventually find their way down to the church for our choir robes.  This way, everyone can have their own individual, padded, covered hanger.  Ooo la la!)

Other things.....
I am beginning to train for a 3 day, 60 mile walk for breast cancer.  As my daughter would say "Wow-ee Kazow-ee".  It's in October in San Francisco.  I'm trying to figure out when I have time to do all my house work, knit/crochet, and walk in one day.  I guess this means I'm going to have to wake up before the butt-crack of dawn to get my mileage in.  I should be walking 3 miles on one walk at this stage in my training.  I can do it, but it takes an hour.  In a few weeks I have to increase my mileage to 4, then 5 etc.  Time will run short very quickly.  I hate getting up early, but I'm scared of the dark and most of my evenings are booked with meetings.    Oh well.  It will work out some how.

Now, I've got to figure out how I'm going to get to my daughter's Daisy meeting in Arbuckle (20 min away), by 6.  Plus, get the laundry done and dinner accomplished.  Shoot, the kid should have been in the bathtub 30 minutes ago!  Jeesh.  Can't we just add a couple hours to the day already??

No comments:

Post a Comment