Thursday, September 16, 2010

a challenge

Recently (just today in fact) I was motivated by a sort-of cousin of mine. (I think she's a cousin. First, second, once or twice removed....I have no idea. She's actually from my hubby's side of the family, but I digress....) She has a lovely website, Très Bébé Photography, and has asked if my family would be part of her next project, 12:12. That wasn't the inspiration. The inspiration came from her previous project, 365 days in the Life of a Photographer Mom. This got me thinking. Maybe I could do something similar.

The OCD part of my brain wanted to wait and start on October 1st. Heck, it would be happy to just start on a Monday, not a random Thursday, but another part of my brain (which part, I'm not sure) said, "NO! We're starting NOW!". So here goes.

MY challenge is to post something crafty every day. That means, I need to actually do something crafty. I am a fairly crafty person. I knit, crochet, sew, cross stitch.... Theoretically it shouldn't be difficult to do something every day. Posting it might be more of a challenge, but I'll cut myself some slack and allow for post-posting (is that even a word?) Posting after the fact.... I already know there will be days I'm without a computer. As long as I physically craft everyday, the posting can come as it will. My challenge, my rules. :)

Right now, I'm staring at the pieces of my daughter's sweater. I finished up the pockets yesterday, washed the pieces and blocked them. Now, they are dry and I'm procrastinating the next step. This is my first sewn-together sweater. The OCD part of my brain (curse it) is afraid of doing it wrong. So I've been researching technique online. But let's be honest and call it what it really is.....stalling. Now, I've done this blog.....another stalling technique. That OCD part, let's call it Susan, as in Lazy Susan, is a real pro. She's got her technique down pat. I've got a few other things to do before starting on the sweater. Then, I'm kicking Susan to the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment