Wednesday, September 22, 2010


I have a special needs son. He is ten. He has had a LOT of hospitalizations over the course of his ten years. These last four, he hasn't been in the hospital. I can't even think of a time he went to the ER. He's been on antibiotics and been to the doctor but not to a hospital. That changed last night. Yesterday evening, my hubby and I discovered that his leg was tender. We've been through this before with him, 8 years ago, and thought it was the same thing. It was. He suffered a buckle fracture of his right femur. Ouch! We had him transported by ambulance to our local hospital and then transported again down to Sacramento to a bigger hospital. We left our home town at about 2 in the morning. We got home right around 7. All in all, a nice short trip. As I was preparing to go to Sac, I gathered the usual items: purse, clothes for The Boy, medical cards, yarn.

I was thoroughly prepared to sit for 12 hours like we did last time. I grabbed my homework for my knitting workshop, a couple balls of cotton to work on more padded hanger covers and my needles and hook. I barely had time to do my homework and the ER docs were shipping us out. Not that I'm complaining. It's a little hard to concentrate at 5 in the morning on much of anything, let alone crochet, but I was game. So instead, we got to come home. The Boy got a brace and a prescription and I barely got my homework done. (Technically, I still have to bind off, but who's counting?)

After coming home, both The Hubby and I took a nap and then around noon, got on with the rest of our day. Mine was taking care of The Boy and fielding phone calls and visits and a little bit of vegging out. I did get some knitting done tonight. I picked up an knit about three rows of the edging on The Girl's sweater. I finished the hood last night, after a couple tries, and I think it looks good. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Now, it's off to bed for some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment